Happy 2018 y’all! I trust that everyone is having a great start to 2018. Mine is going okay. I jokingly posted that I was leaving this cake in 2017, but then I found a large jar in the pantry.
So this happened.
This cake is the reason Nutella has been banned from my house. Its the perfect cake to eat with your morning coffee. I call it a breakfast appetizer.
Nutella Pound Swirl Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 13 oz jar of Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 batches.
- Spread 1/3 of batten in pan. Then 1/3 of Nutella.
- Repeat until done. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake until center comes out clean about 60-70 minutes. Cool Cake in pan 15 minutes. Cool on rack for 2 hours before cutting.
- Make sure your butter and eggs are at room temperature.
- Grease your pan well! If you don’t your cake will stick. (Ask me how I know)
- Check your cake after 60 minutes of baking. Oven bake times will vary.